THE EDGAR A. POE MEMORIAL AWARD
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The White House Correspondents' Association is pleased to announce competition for the
Edgar A. Poe Award for 2015. The award honors excellence in news coverage of subjects and events of significant national or regional importance to the American people.
The prize of $2,500 is funded by the New Orleans Times-Picayune and Newhouse Newspapers in honor of their distinguished correspondent Edgar A. Poe. Mr. Poe is a former WHCA president. The award will be presented at the annual dinner of the White House Correspondents' Association at the Washington Hilton Hotel on Saturday, April 25, 2015.
In selecting a recipient, the judges will be looking for excellence in stories with fairness and objectivity. Exemplary personal qualities may also be considered. In addition, the judges may cite other meritorious entries.
* Material must have been published in the calendar year ending December 31, 2014.
Entrants may submit a sample of their work up to three stories or scripts. Online entries must be original Web content. Everything must be in triplicate.
* Entries may be submitted with clippings, original material, photocopies, Web site printouts or broadcast scripts. Broadcast tapes (DVD) may be submitted with the scripts.
* Entrants must provide the date of publication or broadcast and a supervisor’s confirmation that the nominee wrote the story or script.
* Entries will not be returned. They become the property of the WHCA.
* The decision of the judges on all matters pertaining to the award will be final.
* Entries are to be received no later than 5 PM, March 4, 2015.
* Entries are to be submitted to the Edgar A. Poe Award, White House Correspondents’ Association, 600 New Hampshire Ave. NW, #800, Washington, DC 20037.
* Please place the name of the award on the entry envelope.
DOWNLOAD AN ENTRY FORM
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT AN OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (PDF), or follow the links at right to learn more about the awards and past award recipients.